Board of Directors...
Compassion CBO is composed of board, staff, volunteers, and well-wishers who have compassion for children and women deprived of livelihood by deep-seated poverty.
Evanson Njeru – President/Founder (Compassion Community Based Organization)
Evanson is a graduate of Grace Bible College, Presbyterian University of East Africa (TEE), and has studied discipleship at University of the Nations. He has knowledge in financial and banking services, budgeting, savings, and debt management - knowledge he gained through workshops organized by Equity Group Foundation and The Master Card Foundation.
Priscilla Mumbe – Board Member (Patron - Compassion CBO Children Centre)
Priscilla holds a diploma in early childhood development and education from Kiambu Central College. She has over ten years experience in children ministries, having served in different capacities with local and international organizations.
Winifred Muthoni – Board Member (Patron - Kagongo Community Children Centre)
Winifred holds a diploma in early childhood development and education from Kiambu Central College. She has been the chairlady of youth and children department for over five years in her church.
Michael Asiyo – Board Member (Software Engineer - RediTech Software Solutions)
Michael holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology from Middlesex University. Michael worked for Child Fund Kenya as a Systems and Database Administrator and now he is running his own business in software development.
Phyllis Wanjiku - Board member
Phyllis is an experienced social worker who has worked with many organizations at a grassroot level. Her focus is helping the elderly and people living with disability.
Christine Andia – Board Member
Christine is an experienced teacher with knowledge of working in slums areas. She is a volunteer at Compassion CBO Children's Centre where she takes care of the kindergarten.
Regina Wanjiku – Board Member
Festus Kinyua - Board Member
Festus is a retired educationalist who has worked in government schools for many years in the Eastern Province. He has worked with Compassion International as a project committee member and is experienced in community projects. He has worked on many government projects at the grassroot’s level and campaigns against FGM in Tharaka NIthi.
Rose Njoki - Board Member
Rose is a certified public accountant.
- Implementing decisions revolving around the organisation.
- Making reasonable decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Advising members where necessary.
- Making policy for the organization.
- Preparing organization budget and approving it.
- Advising, monitoring and maintaining the planned programmes.
- Establishing special administrative sub-committee.
- Preparing and organizing meetings.
- Interviewing and hiring volunteers.
- Seeking donor support and giving commitment to donors for proper accountability of funding.
- Supporting orphans and vulnerable children.
- Mobilizing resources for proper execution of the objectives of Compassion CBO.
- Doing all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the above objects.
- Partnering with other organizations and individuals locally, regionally and internationally in furtherance of the objectives of Compassion CBO.
- Practicing integrity of the highest level, observing honesty and working with openness and respect.