Compassion CBO is composed of board, staff, volunteers, and well-wishers who are committed to improve the lives of children, girls and women and help them build resilience from lack of access to education, gender based violence and overcome stigma discrimination and marginalisation
Board of Directors
Phylis Wanjiku - Board Chairlady
Community Development /Human Rights Actvist
Joan Mawia: Deputy Chairlady
Joan holds a Masters Degree in Community Development.
Alexander Muthui - Board Treasurer
An accountant by profession
Susan Njeri - Secretary Board Member
Festus Kinyua - Vice chairman
Priscilla Mumbe: Executive director
Priscilla holds a Bachelor of Education.
Evanson Njeru - Programme Director
Rose Njoki: Financial officer
Rose is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Implementing decisions revolving around the organisation.
- Making reasonable decisions on behalf of the organisation.
- Advising members where necessary.
- Making policy decisions for the organisation.
- Preparing the organisation budget.
- Advising, monitoring and maintaining the planned programmes.
- Establishing special administrative sub-committee.
- Preparing and organising meetings.
- Interviewing and hiring volunteers.
- Seeking donor support and giving commitment to donors for proper accountability of funding.
- Supporting orphans and vulnerable children.
- Mobilizing resources for proper execution of the objectives of Compassion CBO.
- Doing all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the above objects.
- Partnering with other organisations and individuals locally, regionally and internationally in furtherance of the objectives of Compassion CBO.
- Practicing integrity of the highest level, observing honesty and working with openness and respect.