Board of Directors…
Compassion CBO is composed of board, staff, volunteers, and well-wishers who have compassion for children and women deprived of livelihood by deep-seated poverty.
Phylis Wanjiku – Board Chairlady
Community Development /Human Rights Actvist
Joan Mawia: Deputy Chairlady
Joan holds a Masters Degree in Community Development.
Alexander Muthui – Board Treasurer
An accountant by profession
Susan Njeri – Secretary Board Member
Festus Kinyua – Vice chairman
Priscilla Mumbe: Executive director
Priscilla holds a Bachelor of Education.
Evanson Njeru – Programme Director
Rose Njoki: Financial officer
Rose is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Implementing decisions revolving around the organisation.
- Making reasonable decisions on behalf of the organisation.
- Advising members where necessary.
- Making policy decisions for the organisation.
- Preparing the organisation budget.
- Advising, monitoring and maintaining the planned programmes.
- Establishing special administrative sub-committee.
- Preparing and organising meetings.
- Interviewing and hiring volunteers.
- Seeking donor support and giving commitment to donors for proper accountability of funding.
- Supporting orphans and vulnerable children.
- Mobilizing resources for proper execution of the objectives of Compassion CBO.
- Doing all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the above objects.
- Partnering with other organisations and individuals locally, regionally and internationally in furtherance of the objectives of Compassion CBO.
- Practicing integrity of the highest level, observing honesty and working with openness and respect.
Phylis Wanjiku: Board Chairlady
Lucy Njeri – Board Member
Susa Njeri – Secretary Board Member
Christ Andia – Board Member
Festus Kinya – Vice chairman
Eris Khajia – Member
Mary Nyambura – Board Member